I know I said that this wasn't going to be updated any more, but I decided that I'm not done with this blog just yet... In my new blog I had started to write about my my previous marriage. I feel that it fits better in this blog. From now on I'll be posting anything that has to do with the past in this one. I'll leave my new blog for my daily life.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

The possibilities are endless

If you haven't heard yet, Josh and I plan to get married on February 20th of next year. I know that seems so soon, but when you find the right person you just know. He's everything I've ever wanted in a life partner. He loves my boys and treats them as if they were his own. He's very protective of us and wants nothing but the best for all 3 of us. He loves that I cook dinner every night, that I clean house and I take care of my kids. When he gets off work he wants to do nothing more than to come over and spend time with us. Doesn't matter what we're doing he just wants to be with us. Josh doesn't drink or smoke. He doesn't like to go out to bars or party every weekend. He's a hard working man who just wants to come home to a warm, home cooked meal and enjoy an evening with his wife and kids. Sad to say, but I never experienced any of that in my marriage to Ron. Thinking about that makes me even more thankful for Josh. (Hmm... would I have to rename my blog, The Re-Married Mom?)

Soooo... Tonight we were over at Lizz (my BFF) & Frank's house. They're the ones who are moving back to St. Louis in November. They have 2 daughters who are almost the exact age my 2 boys are. I've mentioned this before, but Lizz is truly my best friend. In the past 3 years we've gone through the deployments of our husbands, births of all our babies (Do we really have 4 kids between us now?!), all the crap I went through in my marriage... and then divorce. We've been there for each other through everything you can imagine. Sure there were times when we wouldn't hang out as much. Sometimes we'd let 2-3 weeks go by without saying a word to each other. After those 2-3 weeks went by we'd always pick back up right where we left off without skipping a beat.

Ok I'm getting way off track here...

So Josh, the boys and I went over to their house to drop off some boxes and to hang out. We started talking about Josh & I seriously moving to St. Louis, MO so that we could all still be together. Is that totally crazy? Follow your best friend and her family to MO just because we'd miss each other THAT much. Maybe. But why not? There's nothing here in San Diego that is holding us back. The boys' bio dad no longer lives here. My mom and step dad plan to move to Utah in a few years and my dad and step mom will probably end up moving to Idaho. Josh has no problem living so far away from his mom and dad. In his line of work (HVAC installation/repair/tech) he could probably make a better living in MO.

Ok, I admit that I will REALLY miss living by the ocean. I'll miss my family that will still be here and all of my old friends. I'll probably even miss the 70-80 degree year round weather. (Even though I'm always complaining about how hot it is in the winter time!)

What I WON'T miss are the ridiculous home prices and gas prices out here. I think that's one of the major factors in our decision to move. Sure we could stay out here and live pay check to pay check while living in some crappy lil 3 bedroom apartment for $1300 a month. (AND THAT'S CHEAP OUT HERE!) If we did decide to buy a house here in SD our only real option would be a mobile home/manufactured home that sits in a mobile home park. No yard, no land, neighbors that live waaaay too close to you. Don't get me wrong... nothing against these kind of homes. I grew up in one... I'm actually sitting in my mom's manufactured home right now.

We could do better though.

We could get out of SD and move some place where we could afford a nice 4 bedroom house with a big backyard for the kids to play in... and why not do it where we already have friends who know the area? I suppose it doesn't necessarily have to be St. Louis... we would make friends any where we go....

Like I said, the possibilities are endless.

6 comments:

A.Akers said...

Aww I love your story. I too went through a bad first marriage and ended up living a fairytale with the man of my dreams who also came in and loved my three boys. Then we had another one! Praying fo you all. And I think your new blog name should be the Happily Married Mom! :-) Thank you for the comments you left at my blog so thankful for the sits network!

Savvy-Motherhood said...

thanks for the follow! :) yer gonna have to change your blog name if you get hitched again! :)

Taylor Stoddard said...

Thanks for the comments ladies.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to change the blog name when we get married. :) When I started this blog I didn't think I would meet someone so quickly. I thought for sure I would get at least several good years use out of this blog... Back to the drawing board!

Lizz said...

I, for one, think this Lizz character sounds awesome and you should follow her to the ends of the earth, bc she would do the same for you *kiss*

LOVE YOU LADY :D

Holly said...

My BF moved to Arkansas about two years ago... i have often thought about moving closer to her but i have more famiy here than i can count and my kids are established here... we once talked about buying property next to each other and retire together... that is still a possibility...

good luck in whatever you decide to do and in your upcoming nuptials...

Infarrantly Creative said...

Congrats on your engagement...I hope you find your happily ever after. Thanks for coming by today.