I know I said that this wasn't going to be updated any more, but I decided that I'm not done with this blog just yet... In my new blog I had started to write about my my previous marriage. I feel that it fits better in this blog. From now on I'll be posting anything that has to do with the past in this one. I'll leave my new blog for my daily life.

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

Lots and lots of changes! So many in fact that I've been meaning to post something in here, but simply haven't had the time.

This past week my mom came to me and let me know that my sister, brother-in-law and niece were going to be moving into the trailer that her and my step dad have parked in the driveway. They're going through a rough time right now and aren't able to stay in the apartment they live in. My BIL recently got in a dirt bike accident and totally ruined his knee for life. He won't be able to work for at least the next 2-3 months while he heals.

(FYI - For those that don't know, my boys and I ended up living here permanently at my mom & step dad's house after The Ex decided to take a hike. I've been paying rent, cleaning house and doing all the cooking since I moved in...Making it possible for me to work from home and raise my boys.)

Anyway, so with them moving in here and my step dad coming home from working in Vegas for the past year this house will be PACKED. I'm talking, 9 people in a 4 bedroom manufactured house. When I found out what was going on I immediately talked to Josh about it. He had the same concerns I did... All these people in one house.... Only 2 of the 9 people work outside the home (til my step dad starts his next job in Vegas.). That also means there would be 3 kids under 3. My niece is 17 months old. Needless to say, it's going to be a MAD HOUSE in here. Nap times will be a thing of the past. Going to bed at a decent time, forget it.

So Josh and I talked about it. We decided to get our own place. We're in a position financially to get a decent place. He has a good paying, stable job. We planned to do this all in February anyway... Why not move it up several months? That way my sister, BIL and niece don't have to stay the whole winter in a freezing cold trailer. They can move in to the 2 rooms the boys and I are in right now.

So we did it!

We did some apartment searching and found one right away. It was almost as if it fell in to our laps. We were just driving by them and decided to check it out. It was 5:15pm. What were the chances the office would still be open? It was. They were closing at 6. :) They had everything we were looking for and had an apartment available. We filled out an application and we got approved for it yesterday. Move-in day is October 16th!

It's gonna be a super busy week for us. We have 6 days to pack!!

Lots more changes to come, but I'll save those for another post. I'm pretty sure that a certain pair of eyes have found and now read this blog... I promise I'll explain more later! You'll just have to stay tuned! :)

6 comments:

Holly said...

So exciting to get a new place and so much work...

good to hear things are working out for you...

Sandy said...

Good luck to you in your new place!

I came by to welcome you to SITS! It's great to have you in the SITStahood!

said...

Good luck with your move! I hope everything goes smoothly.

Stopping by to say welcome to the SITS community - it's great to have you join us! :o)

Carma Sez said...

Congratulations on your new place!

Welcome to SITS. I know that you will enjoy being a part of this vibrant community of bloggers :-)

Just Lisa said...

Congrats on moving! That's going to be exciting!

I came by to welcome you to SITS! We're happy to have you with us!

Taylor Stoddard said...

Thanks everyone! :)