I know I said that this wasn't going to be updated any more, but I decided that I'm not done with this blog just yet... In my new blog I had started to write about my my previous marriage. I feel that it fits better in this blog. From now on I'll be posting anything that has to do with the past in this one. I'll leave my new blog for my daily life.

Monday, October 5, 2009

Easy Ground Beef Stroganoff Recipe

I found this recipe several years ago and it's been a hit with everyone who has ever tasted it. It's super easy to make - only 5 ingredients. It's also easy on the budget. I made this the first time Josh came over to our house. He's been around ever since. LOL. I don't know if it's my cooking or me that he keeps coming back for. ;)

I made this last night for dinner and took a few pictures. Here's the recipe:

  • 1 pound lean ground beef (turkey or chicken)
  • 1 onion, chopped (3/4 to 1 cup)
  • 1 cup celery, chopped (2-3 stalks)
  • 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup (I actually use 2 cans)
  • 1 cup low fat sour cream or yogurt (I like to use 2 cups of sour cream)

In a medium sized skillet saute onion and celery in about 1 tablespoon olive oil until tender.
Photobucket

In same skillet add ground beef and brown. Drain off fat.
Photobucket

Add soup and sour cream. Stir all together until meat is well coated. Heat thoroughly.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Serve over rice, noodles, crispy fried potatoes... it's good on lots of stuff.... I prefer rice. I usually make some in my rice cooker, but last night I cheated and used boil in a bag rice.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Ta-da! (Not much to look at, but it was really yummy!)
Photobucket

No comments: