I know I said that this wasn't going to be updated any more, but I decided that I'm not done with this blog just yet... In my new blog I had started to write about my my previous marriage. I feel that it fits better in this blog. From now on I'll be posting anything that has to do with the past in this one. I'll leave my new blog for my daily life.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Last day of September

Maybe I should do a little recap on September and set some goals for myself in October.

Let's see...

September recap:
  • Heard from the ex for the 1st time since he deployed to Japan.
  • Went to my first Charger game with Josh on Sept. 4th. (Official date #8)
  • My baby turned 8 months old and started cruising around furniture.
  • My 2 year old learned how to ride a bike with training wheels.
  • Spent waaaay too much money and managed to leave $0.21 in my checking account til payday on the 1st. A used double jogging stroller put me over the edge!
  • Visited with friends I haven't seen in awhile.
  • Visited with family I haven't seen in awhile.
  • Lowered my cell phone minutes and cut out the internet to save $50 a month!
  • All of us got colds and still trying to get over them.

October goals/things to do:

  • Set a budget for myself.
  • Put at least $50 in to savings and LEAVE IT THERE!
  • No fast food! There's plenty of food at home to eat.
  • Exercise at least 30 - 60 minutes a day. Gotta put that expensive jogging stroller to use!
  • Spend as much time as I can with my BFF who is leaving to St. Louis, MO on November 1st.
  • Meet up with my Aunt to go over wedding details. Thinking about doing something small in her back yard.
  • ROAD TRIP to El Paso, TX to visit with the boys' paternal grandparents.
  • Work on my Cafepress store. Get Christmas stuff made this month!
  • Work with my 2 year old on potty training!

6 comments:

Stephanie Faris said...

I just found you through SITS. You have my utmost respect. At 35 years old, I found myself divorced and starting over, but I had no children and a good-paying job. Often I would stop and think, in the stress of it all, how lucky I was. But now, 39 and childless, I have some regrets. It took some time, but I'm in a good relationship and my life is coming around again. Things feel better than ever.

The Grown-Up Child said...

Those are some big goals for October! And wait...cut out internet?! Please don't say! That would be like selling the car to me!

Anonymous said...

Great list and a perfect season to start anew! Coming through from SITS:-).

Taylor Stoddard said...

Yes, the internet. I'm already dying without it on my phone, but what I didn't mention was that the screen on my phone keeps cutting out. So I also have to buy a new phone soon. I'm sure once I have a new phone the internet will come back. It's only $15 more... I think I can handle that. ;)

Stephanie - I sometimes wonder what my life would have been like if I never had my boys, but still went through what I did. Despite how much harder it makes things I'm so happy to have them with me. They're a constant joy in my life and I can honestly say that something (well, 2 somethings) good can from our marriage. I'm so happy to hear that you're in a good relationship now and things are going great for you. :)

Taylor Stoddard said...

urbanistaenchanted - Thanks for the comment! I tried to comment on your blog, but it's not letting me. :(

Holly said...

I need to do this... after i get done procrastinating about what i need to do today... :-)