I know I said that this wasn't going to be updated any more, but I decided that I'm not done with this blog just yet... In my new blog I had started to write about my my previous marriage. I feel that it fits better in this blog. From now on I'll be posting anything that has to do with the past in this one. I'll leave my new blog for my daily life.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Don't judge a book by its cover...

Today we had another great day at the bay... riding jet skis, playing in the sand and sitting around a bon fire talking. We went along with Josh's friends The Wolters again. They're a really fun family and I love hanging out with them! This time there were a few other families there that Josh and I didn't know. One lady in particular made me feel pretty uncomfortable...

While Josh was out playing around on a jet ski I was sitting on the grass playing with my boys. A woman came up to me and introduced herself. She was an older woman.. maybe in her late 30s. (I'm in my mid 20s, but people tell me I look a lot younger.) She asked my name and the boys names. Then she asked how I knew the Wolters. "Oh, my boyfriend is really good friends with them." She then looks at me, looks at my two boys under the age of 3 and says, "Oh.... That's nice." and walks away. She made me feel like I had 2 bastard kids sitting there with me... like I was some teenage mom getting knocked up because I didn't use protection.

Lady, don't judge a book by its cover. Things aren't always what they appear to be. I hate that just because I have 2 kids and I'm not married people seem to look down on me.

It's not fair.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, don't let rude people (especially woman) get you down. I'm sure you're a great mom and the other woman must be jealous because you're made of "tough stuff"....
I'm divorced with 2 children and i get a lot of eye rolling from moms who don't even work or take care of their children properly .
Keep your head and spirits up. Your children need you.