I know I said that this wasn't going to be updated any more, but I decided that I'm not done with this blog just yet... In my new blog I had started to write about my my previous marriage. I feel that it fits better in this blog. From now on I'll be posting anything that has to do with the past in this one. I'll leave my new blog for my daily life.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Road Trips!

Like I mentioned yesterday, I've been really busy all Summer. Lot's of stuff has happened and I wish I could squeeze all the updates in to one blog. I'm sure I could if I tried, but I doubt anyone would want to read it. I'm sure if I can remember to write in here everyday a little bit will be talked about everyday.

Lately Josh and I have been talking a lot about the near future. Our wedding date is February 20th, 2010 and we're still not exactly sure where we're going to be living once we're married. We're not even sure we want to stay here in SD. We've talked about a couple different places we might like to live. Two places that stand out are Tucson, AZ and St. Louis, MO. Two VERY different places! We have our reasons for each place.

In Tucson is where one of Josh's good friends from his mission lives with his wife and their kids. Tucson would be a great place to live as far as Josh's line of work. He works in heating and air. (HVAC installer/tech)

Then there's St. Louis... my best friend, her hubby and their 2 girls are from there and they're moving back there on November 1st. Her hubby is getting out of the Marine Corps and he can't re-enlist because his ankle is really messed up. She's been my best friend for the past 3+ years. She's been through the ups and downs of my previous marriage. Been there for the births of my babies. She was there through my divorce. She's also been here for the newest chapter of my life. Her older daughter and my oldest son are the best of friends. Basically I can't imagine my life without them in it. She's always lived right up the street from me and I could always come over when ever just to hang out. Would it be totally crazy to follow them halfway across the US? Hmm... maybe. Until you start to compare home prices!

Decisions, decisions.

We plan to take road trips to both places before we get married. First stop will be Tucson. Well, more like a pit stop... We're actually headed to El Paso, TX. Why would we want to go there you ask? Well, they boys' paternal grandparents live there. Ron's dad and step mom. They've never met the boys and I think they deserve to see their grandsons. They've stuck up for me from the beginning.... when they knew their son was in the wrong. (Unlike some other people I know.. cough cough... HIS BIO MOM.... cough cough.) So we'll be headed there at the end of October. Tucson, AZ is right on the way.

We'll see how this road trip goes before we start planning for the one to St. Louis.

No comments: