I know I said that this wasn't going to be updated any more, but I decided that I'm not done with this blog just yet... In my new blog I had started to write about my my previous marriage. I feel that it fits better in this blog. From now on I'll be posting anything that has to do with the past in this one. I'll leave my new blog for my daily life.

Monday, September 28, 2009

Ouch, that stung just a little.

My ex mother-in-law (actually Ron's step mom) just told me over the phone that all these years she thought it was because of me that Ron didn't visit her and his dad. She thought it was because of me that she never met C. in person. She thought I was telling him that we couldn't go or that I didn't WANT to go.

Really? Ouch.

My ex MIL has actually been wonderful to me through this whole thing. She was there for me backing me up in the very beginning when my ex called me up from Florida to tell me that he wanted a divorce. She has been nothing but supportive towards me. It's because of how great her and my ex FIL have been that I'm driving all the way to El Paso, TX to let them visit with their grandsons. Grandsons who they've never seen other than in pictures... and if it were left up to Ron they'd never have the chance to meet them.

I was calling her to confirm the dates and let them know that yes, we are actually coming. She seems very grateful that Josh and I are doing this. I think that's why she told me about what she thought of me all these years. She realized that she was wrong... and she actually apologized to me for thinking that about me. I'm not gonna hold it against her. I think she realizes now just how messed up in the head Ron is. She knows that if she's gonna have any chance at all to get to know her grandsons it's gonna be to go through me.

Such a sharp contrast to Ron's biological mom.

Susie.

She got back in touch with me a couple days ago. I should have known better than to trust that she's changed. She's STILL denying that she did anything wrong. I wasn't even going to talk about the past with her. I've moved on. Apparently she hasn't. She just HAD to message me and let me know her side of the story once more. Drop it already will you?!

I promised Josh that I wouldn't talk to her any more. She creates nothing but drama and I really don't need that in my life. She can go back to getting her updates & pictures of the boys from Ron... LOL.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so kind of you to take your kids to see their grandparents. And it's not like it's a hop, skip and jump away.
Isn't it funny how families like to blame the "new" addition for the way their own flesh & blood behaves. I think it's that way in a lot of families. I'm sure my hubby's fam would like to think it's me, sometimes too. If only they knew. I just don't say anything. I have to remind him to call his mom and even then he complains that he doesn't want to be on the phone. We don't go to as many family functions anymore, because he is so tired from long hours at work, but they might think it's b/c of me. It's easier that way. Blame the spouse.
It's okay. I'll take the heat...as long as he returns the favor:)

Taylor Stoddard said...

So true Christine. It's always easier to blame the spouse. I too used to have to remind my ex to call his parents. His dad and step mom live in Texas and his bio mom lives in Florida. He hated calling them because they would keep him on the phone for hours. I told him that if he would call them more often then they wouldn't feel the need to stay on so long! Apparently since the split they've only heard from him a couple times in the past year. I think that's when they realized it wasn't because of me...

Flory said...

Oh, my ex MIL, ex-hubs biological mom, was a nightmare. She covered up for her son all the time. I stopped talking to my ex after the divorce and eventually got rid of my ex-MIL.

God blessed me this time around. My MIL loves me and the grandchildren I gave her.

BTW: Stopping by from SITS.

Taylor Stoddard said...

Flory - Happy to hear that this time around you have a wonderful MIL. I hope I can be that lucky someday. :) Horrible MILs are the worst.