I know I said that this wasn't going to be updated any more, but I decided that I'm not done with this blog just yet... In my new blog I had started to write about my my previous marriage. I feel that it fits better in this blog. From now on I'll be posting anything that has to do with the past in this one. I'll leave my new blog for my daily life.

Friday, December 5, 2008

Completely Seperated

Today we finished going through all of our property at the storage unit. Luckily I went back there and went through the boxes once again because I accidentally left a big box that was full of my clothes and shoes! Everything that couldn't fit in his car had to stay behind. I really hate to see it all go, but there's nothing really to cry over. Just our dinning room table, chairs, some small furniture, books and some kitchen stuff. Nothing that can't be replaced. It's still sad to think it's all going to be auctioned off though. That was our life in there... memories... We ate as a family off of those plates and that table. We slept on those bedsheets. We read those books together.... Oh well...

We also went to the bank today to try to take me off of our joint account. Apparently they can't legally do that. How ridiculous is that? Even with me there giving them permission they can't do it! It's just a checking account! No credit cards, no loans, no outstanding balances of any sort.... They told us that they could CLOSE the account and open a new one, but they couldn't take my name off of it. The only problem with that is Ron has his direct deposit going there. Opening a new account & closing this one would screw it all up.

Another thing we did was take my name off of the car insurance. Luckily USAA offered me my own account and now I have my own "Non-Owner Policy." Now there won't be a lapse in coverage when I go to get my own car with my own insurance.

I think doing all of this today is really getting to Ron. I think it's making him realize everything he's losing. He let me know that he'll probably be going to medical soon because he's having a mental breakdown over everything. (Something I've been asking him to do since he returned from Iraq!) Hopefully he gets the help he needs for his depression/anxiety/paranoia. Too bad it's coming too little, too late. (For us anyway) It'll be a sad day when he comes crying back to me, BEGGING me to get back with him. It's not gonna happen. He's put me through too much shit to go back now. There was a time about 2 months ago that I would have taken him back, but that's not the case any longer. I've moved on with my life and he's just gonna have to accept everything that he's done. He really screwed up his life... not mine. Me and my babies are so much better off with out him. I think he's starting to see that...

No comments: